How to make creepy crawly spiders
These spiders are great to make with little ones. They can be made in virtually any colour you like, so you could have a creepy crawly infestation on your hands!
Suitable for: Beginners
Time to allow: 30 minutes plus drying time per spider
You will need:
- Polystyrene ball
- Black craft acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Coloured poms in various sizes
- Chenille stems
- Googly eyes
- Tacky glue
How to make
Start by painting the polystyrene ball using the black paint, and leave to dry. You may need to do this in two sessions, to avoid the wet paint sticking and smudging.
Top tip: Use a glue dot to hold the polystyrene ball in place whilst you paint it.
- Cut four chenille stems in half and stick a small pom to the bottom of each using tacky glue. Leave to dry.
- Attach the googly eyes to a large black pom using tacky glue, hold in place for a few moments and then leave to dry completely.
- Apply a generous helping of tacky glue to the back of the large pom and stick to the polystyrene ball. Hold in place for a moments to allow the glue to 'set' and then leave to dry completely.
- Once dry, bend the top five centimetres of each chenille stem and insert into the polystyrene ball.
- Attach the legs to the body by piercing the polystyrene ball with the chenille stems. Bend the legs into place to create your Creepy Crawly Spider!
Last updated: almost 3 years ago