Virgin Holidays - Competition terms and conditions
The not-so-small print
To enter this competition, you must be:
- (a) A UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry and (c) a registered member of Mumsnet.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet or anyone promoting this month's competitions, including the employees of the company/companies whose competition is being promoted.
- Mumsnet may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made using the form on this competition page.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all those entrants who have selected the correct answer.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you win, we will notify you by email.
- If we do not get a response to the email within two weeks, the prize will be offered to a runner-up.
- If the runner up does not respond or is unable to accept the prize it will then be offered to another runner up, and so on.
- Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this prize draw and deleted once the winner/s have been notified.
What's the prize?
There is one main prize (holiday and flights) and it consists of the following:
- Return economy flights from London Gatwick or Manchester Airport to Orlando International Airport, Florida, for four people (two adults and up to two children aged up to 16 at the date of travel)
- Four round trip ground transfers between the Orlando International Airport and the Walt Disney World Resort via Disney’s Magical Express.
- Room accommodations consisting of one standard room (with a maximum of four persons per room) for seven nights at a hotel at the Walt Disney World Resort selected by Disney in its sole discretion.
- Four of Disney’s 7-Day Ultimate Tickets
- One Disney gift card to the value of $1000
- All elements of the main prize are subject to availability and the Holiday terms in Virgin Holidays Limited’s standard booking terms and conditions.
- In the event of an inconsistency or conflict between the provisions of the Holiday terms and these General Terms and Conditions, the Holiday terms shall take precedence.
- The economy flights provided as part of the main prize cannot be upgraded and no air miles or other loyalty points will accrue from either the flights or the holiday.
- Additional nights’ accommodation cannot be purchased and additional passengers cannot be added. The flights, accommodation and park tickets must be taken in one trip.
- Any costs incurred in addition to the prize package elements listed shall be incurred at the winner’s and/or their guests expense including but not limited to: food, drinks, transport, telephone charges, rooms service, laundry service, optional excursions, tips, souvenirs and any other incidental expenses
- Items that are not included in the package: transportation within the UK, travel insurance, meals, hotel room service, laundry service, alcoholic beverages, merchandise, souvenirs, local and long distance telephone calls, tips, gratuities, service charges or taxes. All other charges and items not otherwise described above.
- Departure date and accommodations are subject to availability; certain restrictions and block-out dates may apply. Dates in peak holiday periods may not be available. For example, Christmas season.
- The winner and all their guests must travel at the same time on the same routing.
- The winner and each guest must have (at the time of travel) a valid passport for at least six months after arrival in the US and all necessary visas or other required documentation to comply with applicable immigration or other travel regulations.
- Holiday is for the winner of the competition and three guests of the winner's choosing.
- Any children in the group must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian aged 18+.
- If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of the prize with fewer than four guests, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guest and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
Important things to note
- Once Mumsnet has notified the winner, their details will be passed on to Virgin Holidays Limited.
- The prize winner will subsequently receive an email from Virgin Holidays Limited with full details about how to make the booking.
- The winner will be solely responsible for making the arrangements with the promoter in order to redeem the main prize.
- Failure to follow any instructions including making reservations by the dates specified by Virgin Holidays Limited will result in the main prize being forfeited.
- Once travel dates have been confirmed by Virgin Holidays Limited, there will be an administration fee payable by the winner for any subsequent changes made to the reservation by the winner.
- If, for any reason, the winner cancels the booking, the winner will not be able to re-book the main prize at a later date and cancellation fees may be payable.
- The winner must be one of the travelling party.
- The winner’s booking is accepted on the understanding that in the unlikely event of an overbooking at the winner’s chosen hotel, priority will be given to full revenue bookings, in which event the winner may be offered alternative dates and/or hotel.
- The winner and their guests are solely responsible for their own passports, visas, and any vaccinations or other travel costs or expenses not expressly included in the mainprize (including but not limited to spending money and gratuities).
- The winner will be solely responsible for paying any relevant local taxes. Any such local taxes or extra charges not stated in the main prize are the winner’s responsibility and shall be payable at check-in or as required. Credit card details may be required by the hotel upon check-in to cover incidentals incurred during the stay.
- The winner and their guests are responsible for complying with all travel and health requirements and recommendations for the country of destination.
- Holiday can be taken from 1st January 2020 – 1st January 2021. Holiday(s) and holiday components may not be sold, traded, transferred, and rescheduled to dates not within the fulfilment period set forth above, or refunded. Holiday(s) is/are not redeemable for cash. If the winner elects to partake in any or all portions of his/her prize with fewer than four (4) guests, the prize will be awarded to the winner and any participating guest and any remainder of the prize will be forfeited and shall not be subject to further or alternative compensation.
- Disney, its parent, related, affiliated, and subsidiary companies and their respective officers, directors agents, employees and assigns shall be released and discharged from any and all legal claims, losses, injuries, demands, damages, actions, and/or causes of actions that arise out of and/or in any way related to the prize, the receipt, use and/or enjoyment of the prize and/or the running of the prize draw and/or Promotion.
- The Walt Disney Company Limited has no responsibility whatsoever with the running of this Prize Draw and shall not be liable for any losses, damages, or costs should a reader make any claim against the promoter as a result of the running of this Prize Draw.
- Any personal information provided by you during the entry process (including but not limited to your name, email address, telephone number and date of birth) must be correct. We accept no responsibility for any incorrect personal information provided to us.
- Your personal information will be held and used by Mumsnet solely for the purposes of administering the prize, which includes sharing your personal information with Virgin Holidays Limited.