NOW CLOSED: Win a Hotpoint oven and a family trip to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London
Win big with the Currys and Hotpoint healthy recipe challenge for kids – we've got a Hotpoint oven and a family trip to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Harry Potter Tour to give away, plus Currys PC World vouchers worth £50 for four runners-up
Being able to cook is a valuable life skill that can contribute to a healthy relationship with food, and it’s never too young to start. So, to encourage children to get involved in the kitchen, Currys are teaming up with Hotpoint at the Jamie Oliver Cookery School to unveil a healthy recipe challenge.
This one’s for children aged 13 and younger, though parents, you’re welcome to lend a hand as well.
The challenge is simple. We want your child to come up with a single recipe for a wholesome meal, which can be eaten at breakfast, lunch or supper. This recipe should tick three boxes:
- It has vegetables in it
- It has a protein in it
- There are no added sugars
The emphasis is on healthy eating, so while we all love sweet treats, no cakes or desserts please. The healthier, the better, so think well-rounded meals with proteins, healthy fats and plenty of greens.
After the competition closes, Head Teaching Chef at Jamie’s Oliver’s Cookery School, Thom Walker, will go through all the entries before deciding a grand-prize winner and four runners-up.
- 1st prize: a Hotpoint oven and a family trip to Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Harry Potter Tour
- Runners-up prizes: 4 x £50 Currys PC World vouchers
How to enter
- For legal reasons, submissions must be made by a parent or legal guardian of the child in question.
- Submissions are to be written up as a traditional recipe (instructions, portion amounts and so on) but supporting materials (photos, drawings) that flesh out the idea are welcome too.
- Submissions are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org before 7pm on May 12. Please make sure your supporting material doesn’t exceed 20 megabytes.
- One entry per child. Parents with more than one participating child may enter each child once
- Please include the child’s age and name, your own name, your relationship to the child and a contact email address
Competition closes at 7pm on May 12. Terms and conditions apply.