NOW CLOSED: Win one of ten Basics to Brilliance Kids cookbooks and a Donna Hay notebook
Enter to win one of ten 'Basics to Brilliance Kids' cookbooks by best-selling author, Donna Hay, plus a beautiful, pale blue notebook from her homeware range
Basics to Brilliance Kids
With her new book Basics to Brilliance Kids, Donna Hay provides the recipe for fun: simple meals that kids adore are given Donna’s signature healthy makeover to allow them to easily master the basics.
Donna’s recipes are designed to be made by kids for the whole family, with delicious ideas like cheat’s pizza, no-fuss ricotta and courgette cannelloni and healthy yoghurt pannacotta.
Donna shares her secrets for creating tasty meals and better-for-you-snacks, with recipes packed with variations to encourage kids to experiment along the way.
'Almost good for you' chocolate banana brownies (Makes 16)
- 10 soft fresh dates (200g), pitted
- 2 bananas (400g), peeled and chopped
- 70g raw cacao or cocoa powder
- 180g almond meal (ground almonds)
- 60ml light-flavoured extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 60ml maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 160°C (325°F). Line a 20cm square cake tin with non-stick baking paper.
- Place the dates, banana, cacao, almond meal, oil, vanilla and maple in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the processor with a spatula if you need to. Smooth the top and bake for 20 minutes or until just firm around the edges.
- Wearing oven gloves, carefully remove the brownie from the oven and allow it to cool in the tin for 20 minutes. Place it in the fridge until chilled.
- Turn the brownie out onto a large board and, using a sharp knife, cut it into squares to serve. Keep the brownies in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
About the author
At the age of eight, Donna Hay picked up a mixing bowl and never looked back. Working in the world of magazine test kitchens, styling and publishing, she established a trademark style that turned her into one of Australia’s leading food editors and a best-selling cookbook author.
Donna’s easy and style-driven approach turned her into an international food-publishing phenomenon as the bestselling author of 27 cookbooks, publisher of Donna Hay Magazine and Fresh + Light, a newspaper columnist and creator of a homewares and baking mix range.
Previous books by Donna Hay include: Basics to Brilliance; Life in Balance; The New Easy; The New Classics; Fresh and Light; Simple Dinners; A Cook’s Guide; Fast, Fresh, Simple; Seasons; No Time to Cook; Off the Shelf; Instant Entertaining; and The Simple Essentials Collection.
To be in with the chance of winning one of ten 'Basics to Brilliance Kids' cookbooks plus a beautiful, pale blue notebook from Donna's homewares range, simply answer the question below correctly.
Competition closes 16 June 2018. T&Cs apply.