Tower of London Knight School competition | Terms and conditions
The not-so-small print
To enter, you must be:
- (a) A UK resident; and (b) 18 years old or over at the time of entry and (c) a registered member of Mumsnet.
- The competition is not open to employees (or members of their immediate families) of Mumsnet or anyone promoting this months competitions.
- Mumsnet may cancel or amend any competition, competition information, or these terms and conditions without prior notice. Any changes will be posted either within the competition information or these terms and conditions.
- All entries must be made using the form on the relevent competition page.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed, or which are not received for any reason.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all those entrants who have selected the correct answer.
- Only one entry per person.
- If you win, we will notify you by e-mail.
- If we do not get a response to the email within two weeks, the prize will be offered to a runner-up.
- If the runner up does not respond or is unable to accept the prize it will then be offered to another runner up, and so on.
- Our decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- You can find out who has won a particular competition by looking at our Winners' Corner.
- The prize is not exchangeable for cash or any other prize.
- If, for any reason, an advertised prize is not available, we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Incorrectly completed entries will be disqualified.
- Your details will be collected via encrypted data solely for the purposes of this prize draw and deleted once the winner/s have been notified.
Tower of London T&Cs
1. THE PROMOTER
The promoter is: HISTORIC ROYAL PALACES of HAMPTON COURT PALACE, SURREY, KT8 9AU.
2. THE COMPETITION
- 2.1 The title of the competition Please insert title
- 2.2 Competition entry will be via Please insert competition page link
3. HOW TO ENTER
- 3.1 The competition will run from 12.00 19 October 2017 (the “Opening Date”) to 9.00 16 November 2017 (the “Closing Date”) inclusive.
- 3.2 All competition entries must be received by the Promoter via Please insert copetition page link.
by no later than 9am on the Closing Date. All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- 3.3 To enter the competition:
(a) complete the online entry form, which can be found on Please insert copetition page link by the Closing Date.
- 3.4 No purchase necessary and there is no charge to register for use of the website.
- 3.5 The Promoter will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are not received due to equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
- 3.6 By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- 3.7 For help with entries, please contact the consumer email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3.8 The competition entries will be selected at random by a member of the Historic Royal Palaces marketing team.
- 4.1 The competition is only open to all residents in the UK [aged 18 years or over], except:
(a) employees of MumsNet or HRP
(b) employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
(c) members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- 4.2 In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize OR any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- 4.3 The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
- 4.4 There is a limit of one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- 4.5 The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- 4.6 Competition entries cannot be returned.
5. THE PRIZE
- 5.1 The prize is a family ticket to the Tower of London, hotel stay and goodie bag.
- 5.2 The prize is provided by Historic Royal Palaces, Hampton Court Palace, East Moseley KT8 9AU
- 5.3 There is no cash alternative for the prize
- 5.4 The prize is not negotiable [or transferable].
6. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT
- 6.1 The winner of the competition will be notified via email by please enter date.
- 6.2 The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
7. CLAIMING THE PRIZE
- 7.1 If you are the winner of the prize, you will have 7 [seven] days from the Announcement Date to confirm acceptance of the prize by email or telephone confirmation once notified by the Promoter as the winner.
- 7.2 The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf.
- 7.3 The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available, or has not claimed their prize within 7 [seven] of days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- 7.4 The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
9. OWNERSHIP OF COMPETITION ENTRIES AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 9.1 All competition entries and any accompanying material submitted to the Promoter will become the property of the Promoter on receipt
10. DATA PROTECTION AND PUBLICITY
- 10.1 If you are the winner of the competition, you agree that the Promoter may use your name, town or county of residence to announce the winner of this competition and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes.
- 10.2 By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by the Promoter or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- 11.1 If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- 11.2 The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- 11.3 These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.