10 swimming goody bags up for grabs from the ASA
Ever wondered what's the best age to take your baby swimming, or what your child needs to do to move up to the next swimming class? You're in luck. The ASA are experts in all things swimming and have the answers to these questions and many more.
As the English national governing body for swimming, the ASA want to share their knowledge and passion for swimming.
It's easy to get carried away with worrying about
practicalities, especially when your kids are very young, but don't forget: most children absolutely love being in
the water - whether it's a family splash or a lesson.
It's really important that every child has the opportunity
to learn to swim and knows how to be safe in and around water, so the ASA invites
you to discover the fun of learning to swim.
To give your child the confidence to start swimming lessons, a few simple steps such as singing their favourite songs in the bath and playing games with floating toys can really help. You could even try out a swim nappy under their costume at bathtime. Then, go for a family fun session down at the pool to get them used to being in the water with other people around.
It's also really important that your child is regularly rewarded for swimming achievements to inspire them to improve - the ASA recommend at least three awards every year.
Visit the the ASA website for lots more advice on learning to swim, for adults and children of all ages.
WIN! 10 lucky Mumsnetters will win a swimming goody bag, courtesy of the ASA
Goody bag includes:
- Two essential parents' guides: One for babies, toddlers and pre-schoolers and another for when they move to Stages 1-7 of the ASA Learn to Swim Framework. Both guides detail the structure for swimming lessons, so you can support your child and help them achieve those all-important badges and certificates.
- Lucy and Sammy learn to swim children's storybook: A colourful, visual guide to take toddlers and young children through their first steps in getting ready for lessons.
- Discovery Duckling and Friends children's storybook: Demonstrating the skills needed in swimming, using friendly animals to help
your kids understand what they are learning.
- Make a Splash: A useful reference book giving guidance on building your child's water confidence before and during swimming lessons.
- Fun fridge magnets to display your children's swimming awards.
- A handy PVC file to keep the awards stored forever in pristine condition.
- A funky re-usable jute bag, ideal for carrying kit to the pool.
Answer the simple question below to be entered into the prize draw.
Competition closing date: 2 April 2016
Last updated: 5 months ago