Win a family day out to an English Heritage site
English Heritage has a host of sites across London and the East of England that are perfect to keep your little ones busy throughout the summer holidays
With a new themed activity every week at each property, your little adventurers will be thoroughly entertained - and may secretly learn a thing or two along the way.
From London to Derbyshire, and everything in between, here's just a tiny taste of what's going on:
- Discover what it takes to be a soldier at Roundheads and Cavaliers at Bolsover Castle, Derbyshire, and take part in the Civil War alongside King Charles I's army.
- Get little hands dirty - become a daring archaeologist on a mini-dig at Awesome Archaeology at Audley End House and Gardens, Essex.
- Train to be a home-front hero at Train the Troops, Eltham Palace and Gardens, London.
- Over at Framlingham Castle, Suffolk, kids can join the fantastic miniature medieval castle siege at Castle Attack!
- Get your brain cells tingling during Secret Science at Down House, Bromley. Charles Darwin himself will be on hand to help budding scientists replicate some of his more gruesome Victorian experiments.
- Join in the Ugly Bug Safari at Wrest Park in Bedfordshire, where you can grab a magnifying glass, join in the big hunt for some mini beasts, and discover a bug's life.
- Bring Kenwood's world-famous paintings to life at the Summer Quest and Craft. Work together to try out different art and crafts whilst exploring the house, and find out more about its collections.
WIN! Two lucky Mumsnetters will win a family day out to an English Heritage site of their choice, including a delicious lunch.
- Free entry to the London/East of England property of your choice, to be used on a weekday during the summer school holidays.
- £50 to spend on lunch at the property.
Simply answer the question below to be entered into the prize draw.
Competition closing date: 10 August 2016
Additional terms and conditions: 1. The winners have a choice between Audley End House and Gardens, Bolsover Castle, Down House, Framlingham Castle, Eltham Palace and Gardens, Kenwood and Wrest Park. 2. Please note, entry to Kenwood is free. If chosen as a prize, in lieu of free entry, an English Heritage goody bag will be given. 3. The prize must be used on a weekday during the summer school holidays (until Wednesday 31 August), and to experience one of the children's events. 4. A lunch voucher up to the value of £50 will also be provided. 5. Transport is not included and the winners will have to make their own way to the venue. 6. The family ticket is valid for up to five people (two adults and up to three children).
Last updated: 3 months ago