Christmas whisky-soaked prune and fudge brownies
Cat Gazzoli, CEO of Slow Food UK, has come up with this deliciously boozy, Highland Park whisky-soaked prune and fudge brownies recipe.
- 320g butter, coarsely chopped
- 300g dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 350g brown sugar
- 6 eggs
- 310g plain flour, seived
- 120g cocoa, sieved
- 16 pitted prunes
- 200ml Highland Park Single Malt Whisky
- Combine the prunes and whisky and place in a covered, non-reactive container in the fridge for at least two days until plump and well-soaked. Drain well before using.
- Preheat oven to 150°C.
- Melt butter and dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir occasionally until smooth and combined (4-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir in sugar and eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each addition, then add flour and cocoa and mix to just combine.
- Spread half the mixture into a 22cm square brownie cake tin lined with baking paper. Dot with the Highland Park Whisky-soaked prunes, top with remaining brownie mixture and bake until just set (45-50 minutes).
- Cool completely, cut into squares and serve.
- More slow food Christmas recipes
- More Christmas recipes
- Recipes for using up Christmas leftovers
- Christmas customs and traditions
- Share your Christmas catering tips
Last updated: almost 2 years ago