Easy ideas to help others this Christmas
Want to do more to help others this Christmas, but stuck for ideas, time and money? The folk at Give More have put together an easy-to-use Give Guide and given us a sneak preview of their top five tips.
1. You can buy beautiful Christmas cards from a wide range of charities all in one place – we particularly loved this festive stamps design in support of Connection at St Martin-in-the-Fields.
2. There are loads of weird, wonderful and beautiful gifts to be found in your local charity shop, with simple tools to find the nearest shop to you.
3. Instead of buying unwanted socks and potpourri for the in-laws, there are now a huge range of presents that can help change someone's life, like a trip to the pantomime for a disadvantaged child, with prices as low as £12.
4. We all enjoy a bit of excess food and drink at Christmas, but why not make extra portions of meals and share them with people in your local area who might not be able to cook for themselves through your local Casserole Club or by finding a local food bank, soup kitchen or food collection point.
5. While your children are writing their letters to Santa, you can help vulnerable kids by ordering a personalised response to your child from Santa himself. Result: thrilled children at home and funds raised for the NSPCC, too.
The Give Guide is packed full of ideas to make it easier to use your available time, money or energy to support charities and good causes this Christmas – with little or no impact on your wallet. It may even save you some money. Visit www.giveguide.org.uk to explore and create your own Give Guide.
What Mumsnetters say about charity Christmas gifts
- Christmas is so commercialised and I think making a little extra effort to support a charity with your cards is something anyone can do. GeorgieEliot
- Today I bought DD a pink Kidizoom camera from my local charity shop for the princely sum of £2! I have just replaced the batteries and it's all working as it should be. Can't wait to see her face when she opens it! Armani
- You pay a donation to the charity and they send a letter. It was posted to my DD and she was really excited to get a letter from Santa. Beamur
- The Give Guide has been created by Give More, a growing movement of thousands of people who have come together to fight rising need in our communities by committing to give more time, money and energy to the causes they are passionate about. To become part of Give More, visit www.givemore.org.uk
Last updated: over 1 year ago