Mumsnetters are divided on whether Christmas lunch should include a starter. One thing's for sure: if you're planning on dishing up three courses on an already hectic, food-filled day, it's probably a good idea to keep things fairly simple where you can.
Here's a selection of relatively stress-free starters that will still impress guests. Find more in our Recipes section.
- Grapefruit and prawn salad
- Butternut squash, parma ham and rocket salad
- Raspberry, prosciutto and asparagus salad
- Pan-fried goat's cheese wrapped in Parma ham
- 'Pomodoro mozzarella' (tomato and mozzarella)
- Red pepper stuffed with goats cheese
Have we missed a trick?
Got any great Christmas food ideas to share? Please add it to our Recipe index.
Liked this? Try these:
More Christmas recipes
Christmas on a budget
Christmas customs and traditions
Last updated: over 1 year ago