The refugee crisis: how you can help
If you've been moved by the plight of refugees fleeing conflict zones in the Middle East, here are some practical ways in which can help.
- Gov.uk - a comprehensive list of practical ways to help, including how to foster.
- How to Help
Refugees - a volunteer run
site listing various different activities, resources and
organisations dedicated to
alleviating the crisis.
- Syria refugees - what you can do to help: a comprehensive explanation of the various ways you can help personally, provided by the government.
Market Harborough Helping Refugees - some of the citizens of Market Harborough have
set up a Amazon wishlist to allow people to purchase vital items for those in
- Change.org petition - add your voice to those asking the PM to accept more refugees.
- The Independent - practical ways to help refugees
- Mumsnetters attending protest rally - logistical arrangements for those attending a demonstration in London.
- MSF - support their search and rescue operations in the Mediterranean sea.
- UNHCR - donate to the UN Refugee Agency lifeline appeal.
- Save the Children - child refugee crisis appeal.
- Refugee Action - how you can help refugees.
- Avaaz.org - sign up to volunteer.
- Refugee Council - how to write to your MP.
- Children of The Jungle - fundraising campaign to create a Women and Children's Centre in Calais.
- Slings for Solidarity - an initiative collecting baby carriers and other useful items for refugee families.
- Helping hands of Rhodes - a group collecting basic necessities for refugees arriving in Rhodes.
Last updated: about 3 years ago