How to Start a Blog in Wordpress
So you've read our tips on how to start a blog and you're ready to take the plunge. Here's how to set up a blog in Wordpress.
- You can sign up to WordPress here.
- The first thing you need to decide on is your Blog Address or URL. Where possible, this should be the same as your blog’s title.
- After this you will receive an email confirming your registration and asking you to Activate your blog.
- The next thing to do is choose a starter theme. You can change this at any point so just choose something you want to try out, or you can stick to the default theme.
And you've created a new blog!
- You will then be logged into the Dashboard. It looks like this:
From here you can write new posts and control your blog's settings.
Choose what information will be displayed publicly on your profile such as your name, picture and About Me.
- Manage the appearance of your blog with Themes, Widgets, Menus and more.
- And, of course, write a post:
Write a title and type some text in. Your first post should be a little bit of an introduction to yourself and the blog and give an indication as to what you're going to write about. Once you've settled in, you can get creative with the layout, add images and links and include labels.
You can Preview the post to see what it will look like on the page, then when you are done – hit Publish!
Now you're good to go. And don't forget to register your blog with the Mumsnet Bloggers Network. Happy blogging!