How to add a Twitter widget to your blog
How to add metatags
How to blog anonymously
How to hyperlink
How to use pics
How to attract loyal readers
What is a Twitter widget?
A Twitter widget is a button on your blog's sidebar that displays your most recent Tweets. It links your blog to your Twitter account and can be an effective way of carrying on the conversation with readers beyond your blog.
How to add a Twitter widget to your blog:
- Log in to Twitter.
- Visit the Twitter widget page:
- Customise your widget by changing the colours in Appearance.
- Choose how large you want the widget to be in Dimensions.
- When you're satisfied with how the widget will look, scroll down and click 'Finish and Grab Code' or 'Add to Blogger' (see below for instructions)
Adding the Twitter Module to WordPress
Once you've pressed 'Finish and Grab Code', you should see a new page with a lot of code on it. Select all of it and press 'Copy' (right-click and press 'copy' or press Control + C).
- Now log into WordPress.
- Go to 'Dashboard', click Appearances and then Widgets.
- Scroll down and find 'Text' in the widget options, then drag it and drop it into the right hand column that says 'Main Sidebar' (see the left-hand screenshot):
- The 'Text' widget will open up into a box ( see the right-hand screenshot). Type in the title you want to appear above your Twitter widget on your blog.
- Paste the Twitter code into the main text box.
- Press 'Save'. Your Twitter widget should now appear on your blog.
- If you blog with Blogger, click 'Add to Blogger'.
- Select your blog, choose a title for the Twitter widget and then press 'Add Widget'
- You'll be taken to your blog's Layout page.
- Drag and drop the Twitter module into an 'Add A Gadget' box to determine where it's going to sit on your blog.
- Then press 'Save'.