Country Style Chicken Purée
Delight tiny taste buds with this delicious combination of sweet root vegetables, apple and fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 skinless chicken breast or 2 boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 250 mL/9 fl oz unsalted or weak vegetable stock
- 15 g/ ½ oz grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion, carrots, parsnip, apple, fresh thyme and chicken.
3. Sauté over the heat for 3–4 minutes, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
5. Remove 200 g/7 oz of the vegetables and chicken from the pan and puree until smooth in a blender.
6. Return to the saucepan with the cheese. Mix together and stir until the cheese has melted.
Find more recipes on Annabel's website.
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: about 2 months ago