Butternut Squash, Pea, Broccoli and Kale Purée
There are so many health benefits to eating kale - it's high in iron and calcium, and rich in vitamins - that it would be hard to find a reason to keep it off your baby's menu. This recipe, which combines it with sweet butternut squash, is a tasty introduction.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200 g/7 oz peeled butternut squash, diced
- 350 ml/12 fl oz unsalted or weak vegetable stock
- 100 g/4 oz broccoli florets
- 40 g/1 ½ oz trimmed kale leaves, washed
- 50 g/2 oz frozen peas
- 20 g grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan.
2. Add the onion and squash and sautée for 1 minute.
3. Add the stock and bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Add the broccoli, kale and peas and simmer for a further 10 minutes until tender.
6. Purée in a blender until smooth.
7. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
Find more recipes on Annabel's website.
Liked this? Try these:
Last updated: 19 days ago