Weaning recipe: Country style chicken purée
Delight tiny taste buds with this delicious combination of sweet root vegetables, apple and fresh thyme in a smooth puree which will introduce babies to chicken.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, peeled and finely diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and finely diced
- 1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 1 skinless chicken breast or 2 boneless chicken thighs, diced
- 250 mL/9 fl oz unsalted or weak vegetable stock
- 15 g/ ½ oz grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the onion, carrots, parsnip, apple, fresh thyme and chicken.
- Sauté over the heat for 3–4 minutes, then add the stock and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove 200 g/7 oz of the vegetables and chicken from the pan and puree until smooth in a blender.
- Return to the saucepan with the cheese. Mix together and stir until the cheese has melted.
Liked this? For older children, try Annabel Karmel's Krispy chicken nuggets