Fish chowder recipe for baby led weaning
This simple chowder from Annabel Karmel is a great way to introduce your baby to fish. With a light cheesy sauce, nutritious veg and tender cubes of omega-rich fish, this dish will soon become a family favourite.
- 2 teaspoons sunflower oil
- 150g / 5 oz leeks, trimmed and chopped
- 125g / 4.5 oz carrots, peeled and diced
- 250g / 9 oz floury potatoes, peeled and diced
- 200ml / 7 fl oz unsalted or weak fish stock
- 150ml / 5 fluid oz whole milk
- 250g / 9 oz mix of diced skinless and boneless cod and salmon (or just white fish)
- 60g / 2.5 oz frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Heat oil in a saucepan.
- Add the leek and carrots and stir over the heat for 2 minutes, then cover with a lid and cook gently for 5 minutes until the veg is soft.
- Remove the lid and add the potatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 10–12 minutes, until the potatoes are cooked through. Then add the milk, fish and peas.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the dill and Parmesan and serve.
Liked this? Try Annabel Karmel's country style chicken recipe