Talk

Advanced search

Yoga for Anxiety

(9 Posts)
Spudlet Thu 03-Oct-19 12:55:09

Yes, definitely. It helps me very much indeed. I love Adriene, and I have another little routine that I follow just before I go to bed that helps me sleep - let me know if you would like the link and I’ll post it. You have to sign up with your email but it’s free and I haven’t received any messages beyond the link to the sleep videos.

Mumma1984 Thu 03-Oct-19 12:52:26

Thank you so much for all the encouragement and suggestions! I'm really enjoying the class I do so far and I love the mindfulness and what I guess other people might deem hippy aspects - I'm into all that! I will defo look you the YouTube stuff for at home in the evening when the baby is in bed! Xx

Namaste6 Wed 02-Oct-19 22:59:12

Hi OP
Yoga will most definitely help with reducing your anxiety. Mix it up; power yoga for increasing your strength and metabolism and to encourage weight loss, yin yoga for really stretching and holding and relaxing or restorative yoga for pure relaxation. Keep at it, you'll be hooked in no time! 🙏

MarshaBradyo Wed 02-Oct-19 06:53:22

Yes it will help as it’ll help your breathing too

Mrsducky88 Wed 02-Oct-19 06:46:09

Yes it will definitely help. You will be proud of the progress you make both physically and mentally! Agree with pp- look up yoga with Adriene on you tube, she does fantastic easy to follow videos- even her 5 minute morning ones are great to start with daily.

AnnaNimmity Wed 02-Oct-19 06:43:13

yes it can definitely help.

I do ashtanga, vinyasa flow or yin and yang yoga - I don't think it's the type of yoga that matters, its the focus on the yoga,, on yourself, your breathing and your wellbeing. it takes you away from the anxiety for a while.

As for losing weight - it will definitely tone you. I run as well as I'm not entirely sure it is very aerobic. (although I do definitely sweat!).

Electrocute1980 Wed 02-Oct-19 06:35:55

@Mumma1984 check out Yoga With Adriene on YouTube - she has some lovely videos for self love, anxiety, etc. I've found yoga makes a huge difference to my mental health, hopefully it will for you too.

HennyPennyHorror Mon 30-Sep-19 23:16:29

It will definitely help. Russel Brand credits Yoga with sorting out his mental health problems. Keep at it. flowers

Mumma1984 Mon 30-Sep-19 20:08:54

Started yoga a few weeks ago and I find it very relaxing, I have high health anxiety, do you think it could help? Is there a certain type of yoga I should try? I'm also trying to lose a stone before my wedding so combining it with other exercise ! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »