Talk

Advanced search

Anyone doing yoga at your own home?

(9 Posts)
zchm Fri 07-Jun-19 09:36:34

Hi,
Long story short, I were doing yoga regularly few years ago, but because of the long commute this year. Have not been able to go back to do yoga even once a week (we go away early on the weekend too quite often for other commitment).
I have been contemplating to do yoga daily at home instead - perhaps only 20mins / day? Found a few apps that provide video and guidance.
Just need some inspiration to kick start.

DonnaDarko Fri 07-Jun-19 09:43:43

Yoga with Adriene is my inspiration. I do her videos on YouTube. I've tried other YouTube yogis but I just keep going back to her. She is amazing

superking Fri 07-Jun-19 09:51:05

I also do yoga with Adriene, I love it. Loads of different videos of different lengths and focus. I have a short attention span when it comes to yoga and find an hour long class just too long. I aim to do 4 sessions a week, some days it might literally just be an 8 minute bedtime wind down, others a 15 minute post-run warm down, sometimes a longer 30 minute flexibility session. It suits me really well as there is always something to fit my mood and motivation level. Plus it's free! And I do quite like Adriene herself, she's perky but not too perky and annoying!

NoBaggyPants Fri 07-Jun-19 09:53:27

Another vote for Adriene! There's a monthly calendar on her website, you don't have to stick to it but it's useful for inspiration.

yogawithadriene.com/calendar/

InflagranteDelicto Fri 07-Jun-19 09:58:46

I've begun trying to do 10 mins a day. Did something to my back last year and was told I need to build my core, so thought this would help. It is, unsurprisingly.

Stuffofawesome Fri 07-Jun-19 10:00:29

Adriene! Alll you need

TheHodgeoftheHedge Fri 07-Jun-19 10:22:45

Another vote for Adriene!

RiversDisguise Fri 07-Jun-19 10:25:37

Adriene, nearly daily, even if just 10 mins. Have improved so much and it's helping my running, too.

zchm Sun 09-Jun-19 07:15:44

thank you all. Trying Adriene first time today. I must say as good as in the class, but better in a point that I can choose whatever time I want to do, length and it's free!!! :-D Probably will try to add in a small run with my dogs on the weekend as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »