Talk

Advanced search

Yoga Retreats

(12 Posts)
UtahGirl12 Tue 06-Feb-18 23:30:08

Having a little browse through one of Candace's email's today and saw she has 2 retreats coming up, one in Italy and one in Santorini. The timing is not right for me for either of them, unfortunately, but I was curious to know if anyone had ever been on a yoga retreat and how they found it?

Ofthread Thu 08-Feb-18 14:14:59

Yep, I have been on some. Fabulous, recommended. Some people will only go with a friend, I am not bothered and went on my own, it was fine.

maryrose1983 Sat 10-Feb-18 14:42:11

I have been on a couple,

one with Karen from www.purebodybalance.co.uk/

and the other was through www.adventureyogi.com

both were amazing!

UtahGirl12 Sun 11-Feb-18 21:49:52

Thank you! God to know you've both enjoyed them. Will take a look at some of your links maryrose. I must admit I loved Candace's Namaslay book, and do have a little bit of a girl crush on her.... blush

NewYearNiki Sun 11-Feb-18 23:14:15

I went on 2.

Loved the first and hated the second.

Yoga practice is very personal and everyone likes a different style.

I hated the style of the second retreat teacher. She was also harsh and brash and uncaring personality wise and I didnt like her yoga style.

I would never go on a retreat again unless I knew the teacher.

TheClitterati Tue 13-Feb-18 08:53:25

Yoga Plus in Crete. Went several times pre DC. it's amazing.

EBearhug Tue 13-Feb-18 09:02:51

I've been on a few, though mostly the same teacher. I went to Val de Moses in Portugal when I hadn't done yoga for years and wasn't that fit. (I'm still not that fit, but fitter than I was then.) I went mainly because they swim in a local river.

I've also been to one in Spain which was near the sea and had a swimming pool, so I swam every day as well as the yoga.

And I've done a handful of one day retreats in the UK.

For me, one of the best things is that I don't have to think much about what to do. I have to turn up on time, but then there are classes and food turns up without me having to cook or decide what to have, (and excellent food - I've always been well-fed on retreats!) and that made it all really relaxing.

I agree the teacher can make a massive difference.

EBearhug Tue 13-Feb-18 09:04:53

I would never go on a retreat again unless I knew the teacher.

Yes - if you find a good teacher, just stalk them round the world, following their retreats.

sumsumsum Tue 13-Feb-18 09:21:35

And share them on MN...

Ofthread Tue 13-Feb-18 12:19:30

I have only been on ones with teachers I knew already.

EBearhug Tue 13-Feb-18 14:57:29

And share them on MN...

...after you've booked your own place, in case everyone else fills the spaces. smile

salsamummy Mon 19-Feb-18 21:10:01

I am running a retreat in September in SW France and would be perfect for a first retreat. www.haven-on-the-hill.com

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now