Talk

Advanced search

Does yoga make anyone else angry?

(7 Posts)
user1499333856 Mon 16-Oct-17 19:50:29

Hi

I've been doing Bikram for a few months. I like it a lot and it's bar far the only exercise or activity I have ever stuck with. It's helped me lose weight too.

I'm going through some personal issues at the moment as well as therapy for trauma and MH issues.

I wanted to ask, has anyone else felt 'angry' or 'raw' at the end of class? I always feel calm at the end of a session and this is great, but today I had a lot of anger, but it did feel controlled. So I am not upset as such, just wondering if this is another great aspect of yoga: channeling emotion.

Would be interested to hear other's thoughts and experiences.

FXSkip Mon 16-Oct-17 20:09:32

I’ve been practicing for a decade and sometime I still feel raw at the end of a practice. Or in certain poses I get furious for no reason! It’s maybe a sign that you are getting beyond the physical benefits of yoga - can only get better!

Meow34 Mon 16-Oct-17 20:11:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

moomintrollz Mon 16-Oct-17 20:11:42

Ooh yes I do get cross at the start sometimes or in the middle of a class. Then by the end I've chilled out. It's the meditative thing I think. The "sitting with yourself" aspect.

VioletCharlotte Mon 16-Oct-17 20:11:48

I quite often cry at the end of yoga. It's quite common, the yoga releases the pent up tension and stress we hold in our bodies. It's a good thing.

BuzzKillington Mon 16-Oct-17 20:17:43

I start off serene, half way through I feel enormously irritated and by the end I am hideously hyper.

My poor husband when I get home!

moomintrollz Mon 16-Oct-17 21:24:32

Actually really glad to know that this happens to other people - thanks 🙏🏽

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now