Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Yoga books

(10 Posts)
antimatter Mon 11-Sep-17 22:09:33

Please recommend your favourites.
I just ordered www.amazon.co.uk/Anatomy-2nd-Kaminoff-Leslie-Matthews-Paperback/dp/B00M0DGLDU?tag=mumsnetforum-21

ZaraW Wed 13-Sep-17 09:25:25

Namaslay is really good, it's helped me a lot with my practice.

Quickqu Sat 16-Sep-17 22:04:53

I've found a real gap in the market for good yoga books. There are either basic yoga pose books, which IME tend to be of poor quality, littered with spelling mistakes, crap photography etc, or very detailed yogic philosophies etc which TBH I'm not interested in.

But OP I like the look of that book you recommended and have ordered it, thank you!

ToastyToasty Sun 17-Sep-17 20:16:39

Anything by Judith Hanson lasater is lovely smile

cactusbutt Mon 18-Sep-17 09:07:37

The Key Muscles of Yoga - Ray Long
Dancing the Flame of Life - Dona Holleman
Yoga: the Iyengar Way - Mira Mehta
Vital Yoga - Meta Chaya Hirschl

batmay Mon 16-Oct-17 12:21:41

I love Donna Farhi's 'Bringing yoga to life'. It's not a 'how to...' book, there's some yoga philosophy, but it's just really practical and straight talking.

ownedbySWD Mon 16-Oct-17 12:24:41

I practice kundalini yoga and my favourite is Awake As In Ancient Days. Yogic philosophy in the first half but very, very good pictures and descriptions of kriyas and meditations in the second half.

LakeFlyPie Sun 22-Oct-17 21:51:01

If you want to understand the anatomy and physiology of Yoga postures I highly recommend Ray Long's books

antimatter Tue 24-Oct-17 18:01:40

I've started reading this today:

antimatter Tue 24-Oct-17 18:01:53

Every Body Yoga: Let Go of Fear, Get On the Mat, Love Your Body
by Jessamyn Stanley

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now