Talk

Advanced search

Non slip yoga mat?

(15 Posts)
Todayisanewday75 Thu 01-Jun-17 14:43:54

Can anyone recommend one? Have recently bought two but both are really slippy.

TheBrandNewBLUE Thu 01-Jun-17 15:21:19

Manduka are supposed to be the best but need "breaking in" to stop the top being a little slippy under hands on some moves. They are very pricey though, although they also have a lifetime guarantee.

Manduka sit nice on the floor and don't move at all, unlike some of the others in my yoga class who have problems with their mats moving a bit.

ohgoshIdontknow Thu 01-Jun-17 15:24:24

The fifty quid one at Sweaty Betty. It's ace.

SesameSparkle Thu 01-Jun-17 17:23:33

I also like Manduka ones. Sweaty betty and lululemon sell grippy mats too, that remind me of the non slip lino you get on a dance studio floor collect dust like anything too. There is also a natural hessian type, but I forget the brand right now helpful. Also I use a towel on top of my mat sometimes as I find this helps sweaty hands to grip.

Bromeliad Thu 01-Jun-17 19:02:08

I have the travel lululemon unmat, it's the best one I've tried so far. They had manduka ones at my old studio but they were still slippy for me despite being used multiple times a day.

CoteDAzur Sat 03-Jun-17 16:26:48

Lululemon mats are magic! They truly don't slip. At all.

LordEmsworth Sun 04-Jun-17 07:12:42

You need to use the mats you have! Once you've been using them for a bit, they will become more sticky. My first mat, the teacher recommended leaving it in the hall so people would walk on it and break it in grin

Chottie Sun 04-Jun-17 07:17:23

You need to use the mats you have! Once you've been using them for a bit, they will become more sticky. My first mat, the teacher recommended leaving it in the hall so people would walk on it and break it in

I hope you are joking! the thought of people walking over my mat with manky bare feet, or even worse shoes that they have worn in the street and public toilets sounds gross........... shock

Buck3t Sun 04-Jun-17 07:18:14

Ruth white yoga. It's non slip from the get go and nowhere near lifeform prices. Also my skin is irritated by lifeform mats, no irritation with this one. My only manduka mat slipped so much a yoga teacher told me to change it as it was so dangerous. Might have been faulty though. Ruth white yoga is one of the first yoga equipment providers in the UK too.

LordEmsworth Sun 04-Jun-17 07:44:57

I hope you are joking!

I said she recommended it. I didn't say I did it!

SusanDelfino Thu 08-Jun-17 22:12:02

Lululemon. Best non slip mat ever.

ToastyToasty Fri 09-Jun-17 11:37:17

It's expensive, but if you're going to use it a lot, a Lifeforme mat is the favoured option for myself and a lot of ashtanga practitioners/ teachers I know. Thick, weighty and sticky smile
X

Imnotababycow Tue 03-Oct-17 08:57:33

Part of it is in your grip - focus on pressing your thumb & finger side of each hand firmly into the mat and that should keep you put more even on a slippy mat.

Abijam Tue 03-Oct-17 19:16:17

I got mine from Amazon and it works fine. No slipping either and budget friendly too.

ZaraW Thu 02-Nov-17 12:13:45

I have very sweaty palms. I've just purchased the linen Manduka mat it's pretty good.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: