Talk

Advanced search

New to yoga, how to progress?

(5 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Tue 09-May-17 07:45:50

I am very interested in yoga for well being and as a way of making my muscles stronger and being nice and firm for when I get the weight off! but I would also love to follow a course that takes you from inexperienced to mastering more advanced stuff.
Does anyone know of a book/dvd/Online course that might do this?
Or shall I just start with 30 days with Adrienne which seems to be the overwhelming first choice for starting out on here? And ask again for a next recommendation in a month?

keeponkeepinon Tue 09-May-17 07:46:39

I dislike aerobics style workouts but would over to use this for firming up if that's possible.

mimiasovitch Mon 15-May-17 13:40:14

I'm very inexperienced when it comes to yoga, but I've just done the yoga with Adrienne revolution, and am now following a calendar made by one of her followers (I think) on this blog. I like it, as I'm just following on without trawling through you tube to decide what one I should do next.

keeponkeepinon Mon 15-May-17 16:16:26

Thanks, I'm trying to get my head around all the forms of yoga and terminology. I'm enjoying the 30 days with Adrienne. I'd like to know what you need to do to get strong and firm. Are particular forms better for it than others? Forgive my ignorance I am still learning!

aginghippy Mon 15-May-17 16:33:42

Any form of yoga will increase your strength and muscle tone if you do it consistently over a period of time. I would say, choose the one you enjoy the most, that way you are more likely to stick with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now