Talk

Advanced search

Yoga when travelling

(9 Posts)
carrie74 Tue 04-Apr-17 23:40:22

I'm off soon for a couple of weeks in the sun, and fancy practising my yoga while I'm away. I don't really want to take my normal mat, as it will take up precious space in my bag, and in the past when I've tried towels on the floor, it's not been a brilliant alternative. Any advice or recommendations? I'm likely to practise on the beach, in the hotel (presume carpet) and on a tiled floor.

SapphireStrange Wed 05-Apr-17 10:48:19

You can get portable lightweight mats; I've got one. It's not particularly attractive; it's a whitish plastic/rubber, slightly industrial-looking grin but it folds up small and doesn't weigh much.

They're very good for carpets but I have to say I've found it non-ideal for tiled floors because they're so thin they let the cold through. Maybe a towel on the floor with the thin mat on top would work though.

I can't remember where I got mine so I can't give you a link, sorry.

carrie74 Wed 05-Apr-17 19:22:28

Thanks Sapphire, I'll take a look!

Loraline Wed 05-Apr-17 19:28:41

Yoga towels are quite good as they have the little rubber sticky bits in one side so don't slip.

carrie74 Fri 07-Apr-17 17:30:36

Just taken delivery of a natty purple yoga towel with loads of sticky dots, hoping it does the job! Thanks everyone x

carrie74 Fri 14-Apr-17 15:42:58

I used my mat this morning: I think I'm in paradise!

SapphireStrange Fri 14-Apr-17 16:28:31

Oh wow! Looks gorgeous. How was the mat?

Loraline Sun 16-Apr-17 05:15:23

Amazing

carrie74 Mon 17-Apr-17 02:37:09

The mat was no better than a towel really, but it doesn't matter, I'll use it tomorrow on the carpeted floor. Yoga on the beach was amazing, I came VERY close to crying during yesterday's affirmation (happiness). When thinking about my happiness, I thought 'this place. But I'm going home Friday' [sadface] grin

It's been really special, and quite nice to see such a range of yoga abilities, people of all ages, some of the older experienced yogis were really awe-inspiring.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now