Talk

Advanced search

Yoga and farting

(13 Posts)
stacylaughlove Mon 26-Dec-16 15:33:18

Ok so I tried a yoga DVD yesterday morning and I found that some positions gave me gas. Is this common . I could never go to a yoga class and get embarrassed by letting out a fart

LordEmsworth Mon 26-Dec-16 19:00:27

Surely the most famous thing about yogais that it makes you fart? Will probably also make you need the loo, the compress/release action of many of the poses works the organs in that way. It's got to come out one way or another...

SheSparkles Mon 26-Dec-16 19:01:52

Everyone farts at yoga and Pilates!

CoteDAzur Mon 02-Jan-17 00:25:19

It's very common. Have a coffee before you go to yoga class and evacuate your bowels. Also, have less complex carbs (pasta, bread, etc).

Gwenhwyfar Sat 07-Jan-17 23:08:14

Yes, but it happens a bit less when you do yoga regularly.

pollie9 Sat 22-Apr-17 04:25:32

Farting is normal and healthy so it should not hinder you from doing the things that you love. Go and enjoy your yoga sessions.

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Sat 22-Apr-17 08:30:39

Do people actually just openly fart at group classes? I have to say I think I would find that a bit grim, especially if the room isn't well ventilated. Guess I've just found another excuse not to exceed use...

RoganJosh Sat 22-Apr-17 08:31:38

People don't fart at my yoga class.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 22-Apr-17 08:40:22

Farts happen, to paraphrase grin

Since getting into yoga I think I fart less in general tbh, it helps my mental health and therefore my digestion is better, plus I feel motivated to be healthier in general so eat a much healthier diet.

I def avoid eating much before practice, if I must then something small like a nakd bar, go to the toilet before class as well.

Also the more I've got into yoga the less I care about how I look or what other people are doing in class. There's no embarrassment.

Gingefringe Sat 22-Apr-17 13:36:40

I've never farted in a yoga class even (and according to my family I am the 'chief farter' of the house!) and never heard anyone else fart either.

grin

AlisonHendrix Wed 26-Jul-17 04:44:48

You think that's bad? I once did yoga a couple hours after breakfast with pineapple juice. Farted loudly and a sliver of poop came out, THANK GOD the kids were at school and DH was at work!

DownUdderer Wed 26-Jul-17 04:47:29

A sliver of poo!

runningyogabooze Mon 31-Jul-17 20:31:59

Oh my god a sliver of poo

I've never heard anyone fart in yoga but there are often times when I have to consciously not fart, and that is all I am thinking about . And re: the comment about eating more healthily and therefore farting less, I think the reverse is true - 'healthy' eating involves fartacious foods like pulses, veg and fruit, while crisps and white bread aren't gonna make you fart!

I would be delighted if someone farted in my yoga class because I often think I am on the verge...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now