Talk

Advanced search

Yoga and farting

(18 Posts)
stacylaughlove Mon 26-Dec-16 15:33:18

Ok so I tried a yoga DVD yesterday morning and I found that some positions gave me gas. Is this common . I could never go to a yoga class and get embarrassed by letting out a fart

LordEmsworth Mon 26-Dec-16 19:00:27

Surely the most famous thing about yogais that it makes you fart? Will probably also make you need the loo, the compress/release action of many of the poses works the organs in that way. It's got to come out one way or another...

SheSparkles Mon 26-Dec-16 19:01:52

Everyone farts at yoga and Pilates!

CoteDAzur Mon 02-Jan-17 00:25:19

It's very common. Have a coffee before you go to yoga class and evacuate your bowels. Also, have less complex carbs (pasta, bread, etc).

Gwenhwyfar Sat 07-Jan-17 23:08:14

Yes, but it happens a bit less when you do yoga regularly.

pollie9 Sat 22-Apr-17 04:25:32

Farting is normal and healthy so it should not hinder you from doing the things that you love. Go and enjoy your yoga sessions.

KingofnightvisionKingofinsight Sat 22-Apr-17 08:30:39

Do people actually just openly fart at group classes? I have to say I think I would find that a bit grim, especially if the room isn't well ventilated. Guess I've just found another excuse not to exceed use...

RoganJosh Sat 22-Apr-17 08:31:38

People don't fart at my yoga class.

PhoenixJasmine Sat 22-Apr-17 08:40:22

Farts happen, to paraphrase grin

Since getting into yoga I think I fart less in general tbh, it helps my mental health and therefore my digestion is better, plus I feel motivated to be healthier in general so eat a much healthier diet.

I def avoid eating much before practice, if I must then something small like a nakd bar, go to the toilet before class as well.

Also the more I've got into yoga the less I care about how I look or what other people are doing in class. There's no embarrassment.

Gingefringe Sat 22-Apr-17 13:36:40

I've never farted in a yoga class even (and according to my family I am the 'chief farter' of the house!) and never heard anyone else fart either.

grin

AlisonHendrix Wed 26-Jul-17 04:44:48

You think that's bad? I once did yoga a couple hours after breakfast with pineapple juice. Farted loudly and a sliver of poop came out, THANK GOD the kids were at school and DH was at work!

DownUdderer Wed 26-Jul-17 04:47:29

A sliver of poo!

runningyogabooze Mon 31-Jul-17 20:31:59

Oh my god a sliver of poo

I've never heard anyone fart in yoga but there are often times when I have to consciously not fart, and that is all I am thinking about . And re: the comment about eating more healthily and therefore farting less, I think the reverse is true - 'healthy' eating involves fartacious foods like pulses, veg and fruit, while crisps and white bread aren't gonna make you fart!

I would be delighted if someone farted in my yoga class because I often think I am on the verge...

Nikkimurr Sun 27-Aug-17 07:37:35

Just look at the person next to you disapprovingly :-) ;-) It happens all the time - if the people there are true yogis they will accept you farts and all. :-)

JackietheBackie Sun 27-Aug-17 07:42:27

I have never farted in yoga and I have hellacious wind. in fact I can only recall one person ever farting in class and that is only because he was in skin tight short shorts and his volley of trumps was almost operatic in both frequency and duration. There would have been no where to hide a sliver of poo!

SweetLuck Mon 11-Sep-17 19:54:36

Another one here with a fart free yoga class!

Yogagirl123 Mon 11-Sep-17 20:15:46

My yoga class is fart free!

EmmaJR1 Mon 11-Sep-17 20:18:44

In my yoga class the only man there let's rip all the fricking time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now