Anyone up for a May challenge?

(7 Posts)
cece Sun 01-May-16 13:41:24

Here

SoThatHappened Sun 01-May-16 18:20:27

Sure

PirateFairy45 Sun 01-May-16 20:17:32

Tried it.

*Note to self - don't do downward dog when DH is around.

Chattermummy Sun 01-May-16 20:27:21

Ouch - I am bendy and thought yoga would be easy but I can't take my weight through my wrists - may try again tomorrow. I managed to breath in time though

cece Sun 01-May-16 22:42:20

I think the consensus is if your wrists are hurting you aren't quite in the pose correctly. Look again at your alignment. I have the same thing when I do crow - so I am working on doing it without pain!

Mummybare Wed 04-May-16 13:50:55

Chattermummy try really pressing through the thumb and first finger knuckles (it seems counter-intuitive, as if you are putting more weight into the wrists, but you are actually redistributing it in a way that should lead to better alignment) and if you are bendy, watch out for hypermobility in the elbows. Try to think about inwardly rotating the forearms and outwardly rotating the upper arms. This won't make much difference in terms of what it looks like, but it should make it feel better and reduce the stress on the wrists and shoulders. You can keep a microbend in the elbows if it helps.

Hope that's helpful!

CoteDAzur Fri 06-May-16 09:05:13

Ooh I'm in! grin

I thought Kino was quite badly injured. It's good to see that she is back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now