Talk

Advanced search

Post 30 day Yoga Camp?

(12 Posts)
carrie74 Mon 21-Mar-16 14:05:55

Hi, I'm new to yoga this year. I'm going to a local class approx once a week, and also started Yoga with Adriene's 30 day Yoga Camp, which has been lovely but a bit gentle compared to class work.

I'm coming to the end of Yoga Camp and wondered what you've gone onto (if anything). I like having a programme telling me what to do today rather than freestyling, so Yoga Camp has been fab, but I quite fancy something that also has a little more challenge.

Thanks in advance, Namaste!

CoteDAzur Mon 21-Mar-16 20:33:55

Yes, Adrienne is gentle compared to my yoga class, too. I was also thinking of finding another yoga programme to follow on YouTube but didn't get around to it yet.

Maybe an Ashtanga or a Vinyasa course? Do let us know if you find one. I'll definitely join you on that thread smile

carrie74 Tue 22-Mar-16 16:24:25

Thanks Cote. I did Day 25 yesterday ('I am Strong'), which did get the sweat up for a bit (but I'm also a bit asthma-y at the moment so a bit feeble!).

I'll have a good look on You Tube...

HanYOLO Thu 24-Mar-16 20:20:53

I'm quite liking Sadie Nardini's classes on Do You Yoga. She has a couple of 14 day challenges on there. Strong but fun. (and free)

What sort of style do you like?

Or why not start on Ashtanga half/primary?

CoteDAzur Thu 24-Mar-16 23:17:14

What style of yoga does Sadie Nardini do? I don't know about Do You Yoga. Is it free? Might be interesting to do another Yoga Camp thread smile

HanYOLO Fri 25-Mar-16 09:07:33

Do You Yoga is free sign up
You have to pay for some of the content but I only do the free stuff - you have to sign up to see all the courses. There's tons of programmes and articles. They do bomb your facebook a bit if you long on through that but its only yoga stuff so I'm ok with that.
Sadie Nardini does vinyasa flow with a lot of core work, it's ok for all levels. I fancy doing her 14 day Yoga Shred (15 minute classes). There's also an Erin Motz 30 day challenge and a "sweaty vinyasa for beginners" programme grin

Just back from a 7am Ashtanga Express class - one of the other students was just back from a 3 week retreat in Mysore. She just melted into all the poses. Beautiful to watch.

CoteDAzur Fri 25-Mar-16 09:28:58

7 AM class shock I'm not that dedicated <lazy bones>

Do you have to connect with Facebook, then?

And what is Ashtanga Express? I thought there was a fixed sequence of poses, so you can't really "express" it - can you?

HanYOLO Fri 25-Mar-16 09:45:35

I don't go every day. Was easy this morning as the sun was already shining.

It's basically Half Primary and closing sequence, with a couple less of each Sun Salutations at the start.

HanYOLO Fri 25-Mar-16 09:47:29

You don't have to log in with facebook but I do, because I can't remember any more passwords!

CoteDAzur Fri 25-Mar-16 10:00:58

I avoid logging in with Facebook on websites for this very reason. Really hate spam on FB.

Do you want to start a yoga camp thread for the 15 or 30 day challenge? I'll join in smile

Littlemissjt Sat 26-Mar-16 10:23:07

Hello!
Not to hijack your post but I'm new to yoga too. I did pregnancy yoga more to meet others in my area but I enjoyed it and did the follow on mum and baby yoga. I now fancy doing some for myself. Having had a look through some of these threads I did day 1 of 30 day yoga today. smile

SueTrinder Sun 27-Mar-16 17:53:27

I've gone back to last year's 30 day Yoga Challenge from Adriene which I think is more challenging than the Yoga Camp. Mind you it also seems more challenging than the last time I did it so I'm not quite sure what has happened in the meantime, maybe I'm trying harder this time because I'm fitter.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now