Talk

Advanced search

Can you suggest any inexpensive yoga-bottoms?

(23 Posts)
dontrunwithscissors Fri 01-Jan-16 17:35:28

I'm looking for some 'bottoms' to do yoga in. They need to be inexpensive (DH made redundant ai we can barely afford the yoga classes). They need to be full length and fairly high waisted so they don't fall down and expose my mummy tummy Any suggestions?

nearlyemptynester Fri 01-Jan-16 17:40:24

Hi there, in my local Tesco Extra ,yesterday , they had some lovely soft and high waisted "lounging " trousers/ jogging bottoms for £5, in all sizes.

IamSantaClaus Fri 01-Jan-16 17:40:38

You could try to maxx? I always go there to get sports clothes and it hasn't disappointed me yet .

originalmavis Fri 01-Jan-16 17:42:09

I got some very cheap la gear ones from sports direct.

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Fri 01-Jan-16 17:45:31

Domyos from Decathlon are good - they're a tenner.

originalmavis Fri 01-Jan-16 17:48:20

What size are you? I'm sure I've got some decent black m&s full length ones and I'm such a lazy arse i won't be using them!

Wolfiefan Fri 01-Jan-16 17:49:39

It depends what type of yoga you will be doing. Hot or not?

originalmavis Fri 01-Jan-16 17:49:41

I've also a yogalates DVD in my Oxfam pile - I can't do yoga anymore because of my crap back.

ChoclolateOrange Fri 01-Jan-16 17:56:18

I second TK Maxx. Great quality ones are available that will last well. My last pair were 12.99. I've never seen any I want on line, but a root through the stock in the shop usually turns out something decent. Remember it is important that Yoga pants are opaque!

dontrunwithscissors Fri 01-Jan-16 18:00:08

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm a size 12 and it's ashtanga yoga (not hot). I'm quite new to all this.

<<<stupid question>>>> why do yoga pants have to be opaque?

originalmavis Fri 01-Jan-16 18:04:40

Do you want me to send the bottoms and DVD? They are nice and thick (no bum on display).

UnderTheGreenwoodTree Fri 01-Jan-16 18:15:18

They have to be opaque because the positions are sometimes, er, quite undignified grin unless you want people to see every detail of your knickers that is. wink

FinestGrundyTurkey Fri 01-Jan-16 18:27:23

Aldi have yoga stuff this weekend.

Iwanttobeadog Fri 01-Jan-16 18:39:12

I (And indeed everyone in my class) just wear any old shite. I wear old rubbish normal leggings or joggers and one of DH's t shirts.

originalmavis Fri 01-Jan-16 18:42:51

I find that the wide legged pants end up around your neck when doing some time exercises. I prefer 3/4 running trousers when doing Pilate's.

CoteDAzur Fri 01-Jan-16 19:23:32

I agree, you don't have to wear special yoga pants but you really should make sure they are opaque. I suggest bending down with your back to a mirror and look back to see how they look.

Also, you don't need to pay for yoga classes if you'd rather use that money elsewhere - there are loads of free ashtanga classes you can do on YouTube.

hazelnutlatte Fri 01-Jan-16 19:31:19

I have some aldi £5.99 yoga leggings. Much better than normal leggings as high waisted and opaque. This is essential for ashtanga yoga as you will be in downward dog a lot!

Mincedpie Fri 01-Jan-16 19:33:38

Matalan have a lot of yoga tops and bottoms in their sale at the moment, looked really nice and all under £10.

Wolfiefan Fri 01-Jan-16 19:34:16

For ashtanga I would avoid loose flowing type trousers. You jump into some positions. It may not be hot yoga but it is dynamic.

daisychain01 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:41:08

Just in case anyone is interested, The White Stuff have just released a new range called Active. I know the range is pricey but they do tend to be very well designed and suit all shapes. Thought it was worth mentioning in case anyone has any Christmas money they want to spend smile

Link to their range, they do have yoga pants too

www.whitestuff.com/womens/activewear/multi-yoga-pose-ls-print-tee/

Gwenhwyfar Wed 13-Jan-16 20:56:31

I used to wear tracksuit bottoms, but this is not ideal as the legs will slide down if you put your legs up. Most people in the classes I've been to wear leggings. I never used to sweat much so didn't need special sports clothes.

QueenOfTheGingerRepublic Wed 13-Jan-16 21:01:04

originalmavis you need to find the right sort of yoga, I have an exceedingly crap back, it's something quite special, and my consultant sending me to gentle, restorative, yoga class has made such a huge difference. I now find yoga works better in times of acute pain than popping an extra morphine.

Now back to my eternal quest for good clothes to wear whilst doing it.

Monkeymonstermum Tue 09-Feb-16 12:30:40

Often have Manuka brand in TK Maxx - between £13 and £17 - much better than the £40+ normally!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now