Gatwick Airport now has a yoga lounge!

(9 Posts)
CoteDAzur Thu 05-Nov-15 11:04:05

A 20-minute Flow class created by yoga instructor Shona Vertue will be shown via video in a brand new yoga lounge in the airport's South Terminal. shock grin

Perfect for yogis who wish to relax and stretch before their flights. Or those who have seven hours to pass while waiting for their delayed flights, as was the case of some friends last Sunday!

aginghippy Thu 05-Nov-15 11:39:43

They have a yoga lounge in Chicago O'Hare airport too. I had a long layover once. Had the whole family in there doing sun salutations grin

CoteDAzur Thu 05-Nov-15 12:11:35

I think there is one somewhere on the West coast - LA? San Francisco? I friend who went recently was telling me about it.

What a fantastic idea and a great way to pass all that time. An alternative to buying rubbish and eating rubbish in airport shops was long overdue!

museumum Thu 05-Nov-15 12:13:17

Oh wow!!! I'd love this.

CoteDAzur Thu 05-Nov-15 12:16:28

I wonder if yoga mats are provided there and if we can trust them to be cleaned after every visitor.

RubberDuck Thu 05-Nov-15 13:33:28

That sounds bloody brilliant! Wonder if Birmingham Airport can be persuaded to do the same...

CoteDAzur Thu 05-Nov-15 13:47:25

Here is the 20-minute yoga sequence that will be shown there smile

saltedcaramel86 Sun 08-Nov-15 11:52:36

This is actually a great idea! Especially if they could incorporate medication as that could calm people who have anxiety with flying. I haaaaate flying and ended up having lots a few glasses of wine and humming a Pearl Jam song continuously! Yoga + meditation could help alleviate that.

yogiannie Mon 09-Nov-15 17:58:06

What a truly lovely idea - sanity when travelling ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now