Talk

Advanced search

Is half an hour a day enough?

(10 Posts)
ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 03-Nov-15 08:22:36

I've just started the 30 yoga with Adriane. I'm only in day 2 and I'm really enjoying it, and I am finding parts tough.
I do it at 5:30am, it lasts half an hour but by 7am I'm keen to do more as I feel like I haven't benefited from it (although it feels like it at the time iyswim)
Am I being impatient?

CoteDAzur Tue 03-Nov-15 14:45:35

5:30 AM is admirable but I don't know how much you can do in half an hour tbh, if you will do the sun salutations, forward bends, inversions, and finish with at least a little bit of savasana.

Can you not do your yoga practice a little later in the day, when you can maybe dedicate some more time to it?

ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 03-Nov-15 15:46:26

It's not the lack of time cote
That's how long (on average) the 30day workouts are.
I do it at 5:30 as kids are still asleep smile.... Otherwise I'd have to wait till after 8pm and know I'll be less inclined to bother.
I wonder if I should do 2 extra long sessions each week on top of the half hr morn session?

ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 03-Nov-15 15:47:53

Am I supposed to do the 30 day yoga alongside other sessions? i thouhjt they were stand alone?

CoteDAzur Tue 03-Nov-15 20:23:10

I haven't done them but I think they are meant to be standalone.

Maybe once you finish Adrienne's 30 days, you can go on to longer videos?

WaitrosePigeon Tue 03-Nov-15 20:31:57

I think you should do what your body is telling you to do. If you're feeling like you should be doing more then find another class to boost up your time.

I do 1hr a day at the moment, in the evening. Usually fit in a quick 15 mins in the morning too.

ShamefulPlaceMarker Tue 03-Nov-15 21:55:50

Thank you.

I'll give it a week, and if I feel it's not enough then I'll up it with an additional video smile

WaitrosePigeon Wed 04-Nov-15 10:44:21

That's what I do! There's a great app called 'Yoga Studio', it's pretty addictive!

HaveYouSeenHerLately Thu 05-Nov-15 22:19:30

I've just started too! Doing it alongside Body Pump.

If you delve into Adriene's channel there seem to be loads of other videos ranging from 5 minutes (practising individual poses) to a lot longer. There's a daily series from July as well as '20 minute yoga for beginners'.

I know what you mean about it being addictive smile

On days where I just want to keep going I think I'm going to tack on a couple of the individual pose to try to really get to grips with the body posture and breathing. As much as I like the 30 day course I feel like I could do with some extra direction in some parts.

HaveYouSeenHerLately Thu 05-Nov-15 22:21:08

I've also recently discovered Fitness Blender ('tis free) and no doubt there's some yoga on there...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now