Talk

Advanced search

Unexpected benefits? (lighthearted)

(9 Posts)
CoteDAzur Fri 21-Aug-15 21:22:40

I didn't expect yoga to inspire me learn to do my own pedicure. And doll up my feet on a regular basis. With bright nail polish shock

Funny what staring at your feet for an hour several times a week does to your priorities grin

MagicalHamSandwich Mon 31-Aug-15 20:54:38

Seconded. I always have been and still am to a degree a sloppy leg shaver. But I really don't particularly enjoy hugging my own stubbly ankles in a forward bend.

And apparently: youthful looks! Selfie from this morning's commute was estimated at 45 by how-old.net - selfie from commute back home tonight after a 90 minute class: 21!

And, yes, I do suspect that lighting and the lack of makeup may have something to do with the results along with imperfect software ... grin

CaoNiMao Sun 06-Sep-15 14:40:05

I was thinking about this today!!

My unexpected benefit - since I have to cycle 30 minutes each way to get to class, I listen to a LOT of BBC radio podcasts. Makes me feel up-to-date on current/cultural affairs!

CoteDAzur Sun 06-Sep-15 17:47:15

That's a good one grin

Yes, diligent leg shaving/waxing is definitely an unexpected benefit of regular yoga practice!

My other unexpected benefit is that I have accumulated quite a nice collection of yoga tops and lovely colourful yoga bras which I wear on a daily basis now. I don't ever have to worry about what to wear anymore, odd as it is to say now.

HellonHeels Wed 23-Sep-15 17:13:38

Better sex! More interesting now I'm more flexible and the mental focus seems to make it more enjoyable (I was always very easily disteacted previously). This post may be more TMI than lighthearted grin

CoteDAzur Wed 23-Sep-15 18:31:08

Ooh interesting! I didn't think of that before grin

CatEyeFlick Wed 23-Sep-15 18:50:53

ooh this is interesting.. been thinking of doing yoga

lighteningirl Tue 27-Oct-15 16:37:07

better sex over at lightning towers too more flexible better stamina and much stronger orgasms dh is now doing it too so hoping for even better results grin

CoteDAzur Tue 03-Nov-15 22:51:30

Interesting grin

Sadly, DH will do almost anything in the world rather than humiliate himself come to yoga with me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now