Talk

Advanced search

A Yogaglo question for a brand new shiny topic :)

(10 Posts)
DaysAreWhereWeLive Tue 14-Jul-15 11:09:27

Happy new topic!

I haven't done yoga for years now, and don't really have time to go to a class. I saw Yogaglo mentioned on another thread, and signed up to a free trial but I don't really get it.

Are the 'classes' really just a series of still poses? Or am I missing something?

CoteDAzur Wed 15-Jul-15 13:55:56

Sorry, I don't know what that is. "Yogaglo" doesn't sound like traditional practice, though.

StillaChocoholic Wed 15-Jul-15 20:40:46

I've not used it but I thought it was videos not just pictures. Bit of a let down if it's just pictures.

DaysAreWhereWeLive Wed 15-Jul-15 21:50:21

It's online Yoga classes, or I assumed it was. The videos actually seem to be just a series of stills which move far too quickly. There's no way I can follow the moves quickly enough. And I don't know if I'm getting the poses right.

Maybe it's just not for beginners. Free trial cancelled!

Loraline Wed 15-Jul-15 21:59:48

Not sure what you're seeing but I've used Yogaglo a lot over the years - love it. I've done full classes and short 20 minute sequences. You should be seeing full classes, certainly as a member.

stilllearnin Thu 16-Jul-15 10:03:47

perhaps it was because it was a free trial. You can try doyogawithme.com It isn't the same as going to class, but lovely for home practice - and great scenery too! Plus its free/ donation based.

stilllearnin Thu 16-Jul-15 10:06:52

I'd recommend Nicky Jones from that site - of you want something gently and joyful

5hell Fri 17-Jul-15 15:08:10

i haven't tried yogaglo, but can reccomend erin motz (badyogi)...if you sign up to her website you can access lots of lovely free classes - most around 15-20mins; she has some longer ones too (for a fee) but i just do a few short ones in a row if i'm looking for more yoga.

Pinickins Sat 18-Jul-15 18:41:31

I used Yogaglo for a while when I couldn't get to class. I thought it was excellent. When you join up you have access to 100s of classes with dozens of different teachers in lots of different yoga styles. You can filter the classes by the time you have available and difficulty rating. I thought it was really good. Monthly cost was about £11.

TheAssassinsGuild Wed 22-Jul-15 23:53:40

I use yogaglo and find it great. It's videos, not a series of stills. I had no problem during my free trial. It sounds like there was a technical problem. I can highly recommend Noah Maze and Darren Rhodes. Amazing teachers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now