Talk

Advanced search

360 job change

(2 Posts)
WhatInTheWorld76 Sat 07-Oct-17 14:52:06

Has anyone successfully changed from one professional career to another? I'm in my early 40's and I want to change from Nursing to PR. How on earth does a nurse orchestrate such a huge move. I have a year to do it in due to financial and personal situation so the pressure is on.

Any advice on how to get started in PR? In an ideal world I would go part time in nursing and start part time admin/PR role then do home study but given all the pressures against me, is there a quicker way? I only have experience and quals in nursing because that's all I've ever done.

All ideas welcomed.

BettyBaggins Thu 26-Oct-17 21:18:10

www.cipr.co.uk

PR can be highly competitive, there is always a fresh supply of bright, keen, new graduates and wages appear to be going down and fewer jobs available as the corporate world eats smaller companies up.

That said, if I were you I would read the above website back to back and if still serious consider a course and looking into medical PR/Marketing where you would have an advantage.

As an aside I had no idea 'workfest' existed but found it looking for the same as you, career change mid life! Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now