Started work but no idea when I actually have work?

(2 Posts)
BloomRoses Fri 19-Feb-21 12:24:01

I started work this week at a new location that is still being set up so was advised I wouldn't be working my full hours yet. The job is 3 days a week. My start date was on Monday and I was in a few hours on Monday and a few hours on Thursday and that was all.

It's Friday and I have no idea what days/hours I need to be in next week. I booked my COVID vaccine and I'm worried it's going to clash with a day they are suddenly going to tell me I need to be in. Even besides the vaccine, I feel like I'm on edge thinking they are going to suddenly tell me I need to go in. It's a job 3 days a week and I feel like I am having to be cautious 7 days a week in case I need to be in.

I have no idea who my manager is or who my go-to contact is. I can't access my work email yet as I need to go in to do that and I don't think you're allowed to just show up due to COVID restrictions on capacity. I started as a cohort with around 15 others so I'm not the only one. Just feeling a bit overwhelmed really.

Does anyone have any advice? Previous roles have always been very streamlined and well organised but I think because this is a new location there are a few hiccups.

OP’s posts: |
Wiredforsound Sat 20-Feb-21 20:30:34

I’d send an email to whoever you have an email for and just tell them you’re chasing up your schedule next week because your COVID test is booked for x date/time.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in