Help with NHS application

(3 Posts)
Bb217x Sat 26-Dec-20 19:06:16

Hi everyone!

I previously posted this in another section but reposting here as I feel it may be more suited.

I'm looking for some tips/advice on a section of the NHS Scotland application form. Specifically, in the Supporting/Personal Statement which asks 'Is there any other relevant information that will assist us in shortlisting your application? 250 words'.

I always struggle with knowing what's appropriate to put here and trying to not repeat what I've already said in the other 2 sections which are..

'Why do you think you are suitable for this role? (Describe how your skills, knowledge and experience match the person specification, while also explaining your motivation and goals.) 500 words' - self explanatory

'Why do you want to work for the NHS? (think about the NHS and or Board Values) 500 words' - again self explanatory

Can anyone give me any pointers on what I should/shouldn't put? For reference I'm applying for mostly Band 3 jobs in admin and support worker type roles, occasionally Band 2 roles but these are a wage drop from my current (temp non-NHS) job which isn't ideal but hey, beggars can't be choosers and all that..

Any help would be much appreciated!

OP’s posts: |
MagnoliaXYZ Sat 26-Dec-20 23:33:26

The NHS application form sounds different in Scotland.

I was told by uni that we were meant to focus on how we met the essential criteria. Perhaps, if you have covered that in the section on why you're suitable for the role, you could discuss the desirable criteria you meet.

Good luck!

Bb217x Sun 27-Dec-20 10:35:29

Oh, this is a good idea! Thank you smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in