Talk

Advanced search

Being made redundant- what do I do?

(8 Posts)
Seriously79 Wed 18-Nov-20 12:28:29

I'm about to be made redundant. There isn't anything at the moment internally.

Of course I will be looking for another job, but in these current times, it may take a while.

In the meantime, do I need to sign on? How do I do this?

Cv is up together, and will be sent out to agencies and I will be apply directly to places.

Want to keep DD in nursery as long as possible, will I still get the 20% top up?

DP earns about 41k ish, would we be eligible for anything else?

I have e mailed citizens advise, but as yet they haven't got back to me.

OP’s posts: |
Hello1290 Wed 18-Nov-20 16:21:45

You might be entitled to Job Seekers Allowance - contribution based. Look on the Gov.UK website as all info is on there and you can apply directly online.

veraismyspiritanimal Wed 18-Nov-20 21:34:03

You will still get the nursery allowance as long as your husband works over 16 hours a week
What industry are you in?

Cheesypea Wed 18-Nov-20 21:37:59

As your husband earns 41k. It's not likely that you'll get income based benefits but check on a benefits calculator. Can you survive on one wage?

BashfulClam Thu 19-Nov-20 07:43:32

You’re husband is earning too much for you to be entitled to be grits I believe, see if you can get temp stuff is need be.

ProtectedPeas Thu 19-Nov-20 19:59:47

Can you dh get childcare vouchers from his employer?

DeathByMascara Thu 19-Nov-20 20:05:37

I don't have advice regarding benefits etc, but I just wanted to share my story. I got the call on 26th October to say I was being made redundant, with the final decision being made 2 days later. I started my new job today. I know it's a tough market, but there are jobs out there, and someone has to do them!

Good luck!

SeeSawSwing1235 Thu 19-Nov-20 20:39:37

Day after being made redundant apply online for universal credit contributions based job seekers allowance at www.gov.uk
It is not back dated
Its about £74 per week, but you may receive more according to your circumstances

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in