Talk

Advanced search

Not sure about selling Scentsy..

(9 Posts)
roundthetwist87 Wed 07-Oct-20 20:34:49

I've been a Scentsy consultant for a few months now. On average I make about £60 a month commission. But I have to pay £15 postage, I usually spend at least £30-£50 a month in stock, so I have products for samples and to show people, I then have to pay for things like packaging and business cards etc, then I have to spend my time putting the orders together and travelling at least about 50 mile round trip to deliver orders to my different customers, and spend another £12 posting the items to my customers that are not local! I just feel like I'm putting a lot of effort in for not a lot of money. I do like the products but I'm just not feeling this is worth it. Any consultants on here? Did you feel the same when you started?

OP’s posts: |
emptyshelvesagain Wed 07-Oct-20 20:35:42

I just feel like I'm putting a lot of effort in for not a lot of money.

You are. Quit.

icelollycraving Wed 07-Oct-20 20:38:11

Like most of these schemes, no the time and effort don’t warrant the tiny amount you are getting at the end.

MrsTerryPratchett Wed 07-Oct-20 20:39:18

Someone makes money from these glorified Ponzi schemes. It's not you though.

SD1978 Wed 07-Oct-20 20:45:51

It's unlikely to ever be worth it. You are spending more now, than you are getting, and that pretty much a,ways be the way. Unless you recruit people, and that if you haven't been blocked or muted by most of the people you know first. These schemes rarely have any winners, except a very few at the top- hence the pyramid in pyramid scheme. If you enjoy what you do, fair enough. If you think this will ever be a viable business, I'd lower your expectations

N0tfinished Wed 07-Oct-20 20:46:48

You'd be better off working a few shifts in a supermarket. These home selling things only benefit those at the top

Hoppinggreen Wed 07-Oct-20 20:47:41

On the figures you give you are actually paying to do this. It would be cheaper for you to not bother and throw away £5
Just stop

AllTheCakes Wed 07-Oct-20 20:51:08

YOU are the customer. They make you buy the product under the guise of it being a job.

WineMaster Wed 07-Oct-20 21:00:59

Please please please look up MLMs. You need to get out now with as little financial damage as possible.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in