Talk

Advanced search

Interviewing people in gig economy/low paid jobs - happy to pay

(1 Post)
james543210 Mon 28-Sep-20 08:38:20

Hi everyone, I'm writing a long article about issues like financial insecurity, low pay, and the way technology is changing our jobs market.

To help me get a richer understanding and to bring the article to life, I would love to speak to people who have experienced specific aspects of low pay or insecurity. I would be happy to compensate for the time this takes and the conversation should only take about 30 minutes, perhaps with some short follow-up questions.

I'm specifically interested in people who have experienced the following situations:

- Someone who has worked in the gig economy and struggled to apply for benefits, finding that the system does not fit well with gig economy jobs, particularly for illnesses, disability, or sick pay. This could be someone who has worked for companies like Uber, Deliveroo, or who makes an income via online platforms like eBay or Task Rabbit.

- A person who finished school or graduated in the late 1990s/early 2000s and who has since felt stuck in low paid jobs. Ideally this would be someone who has used Job Centers to find work.

- A person in a middle-skilled job, with OK pay, who lost their job in the Covid-19 pandemic and who ended up having to take low paid or insecure work (e.g. delivery driver, etc.)

I would love to speak with people in these positions so that I can hear a firsthand account of your experience. If you're interested, or if you know someone who might be, just let me know and I can reach out directly. Thanks!smile

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in