Talk

Advanced search

Apprenticeship video for Honda

(6 Posts)
BG2015 Mon 24-Aug-20 14:55:38

My DS whose 17 has got a video interview with Honda.

They are pre-recorded questions that he has to answer videoing himself so he won't be interacting with anyone which I think is really hard as his personality won't come through as easily.

He's researching Honda as a company but what else might they ask him? It's for a Technician role.

OP’s posts: |
PaulinePetrovaPosey Mon 24-Aug-20 15:00:22

Not quite what you asked, but when I was involved in graduate recruitment it was really important that our trainees could speak fluently and think on their feet.

When my brother interviewed for a similar role I prepped him by playing 'just a minute' (so, talking sensibly on a random topic for a relatively long period of time). Seemed to help.

BG2015 Mon 24-Aug-20 15:14:03

Ok that's useful

I think usually they do a team day and filter them out but of course because of Covid it's all different.

His dad is a manager for a water company and interviews graduates and apprentices a lot so will be helping him with general type questions.

Hoppinggreen Mon 24-Aug-20 15:17:20

I watch Recruitment videos for The Police so may be able to help
Look smart with a blank background
Dont figet
Speak slowly
No slang, tone down accent if he has one. Try not to say things like "you know" or "obviously" every few words
Find out if there are key competencies and make sure you address them.
No waffle
Smile

BG2015 Mon 24-Aug-20 15:19:07

Thank you that's very helpful

He's very confident in normal conversation so I'm hoping that comes through

missbipolar Mon 24-Aug-20 15:26:12

Do it facing someone so its as if your speaking to them rather then a computer it helps for personality

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in