Talk

Advanced search

re; Struggling to get past this...

(5 Posts)
Lightsareonnobodyshome Fri 31-Jul-20 17:29:40

I work with quite a territorial team and have had a few niggles of late, which I am struggling to process. As a result of covid the team were split with some working from home some on site, with the vast majority of work being undertaken at home. A colleague contacted me early on and pretty much said as you are not WFH you don't need to be involved in xyz do you?. The same colleague has asked me to do jobs in meetings which I have agreed to do (more than once) and then does the tasks herself or gets someone else to do it or on another occasion chased me up saying I can do this if you haven't got time etc. Another colleague asked me to review a document and one of the bosses told me not to be too critical, despite missing out large parts of detail. So I feedback my comms etc as best as I could .I was then tasked with rewriting the document and got brilliant feedback from the externals. So good the boss who told me not to be critical shared it with new team as a piece of work he had just got approved. Is this normal working practice/life or am I being oversensitive??How can I move past this??

OP’s posts: |
Purplewithred Fri 31-Jul-20 17:35:08

I’m sorry, I’m really struggling to understand what It is that has happened here to upset you?

howfarwevecome Fri 31-Jul-20 17:57:24

Is he claiming your work as his own?

If so, yanbu.

Bluntness100 Fri 31-Jul-20 18:02:10

I’m sorry I’ve read it twice and I also can’t understand what you’re trying to say.

Lightsareonnobodyshome Fri 31-Jul-20 19:07:55

Sorry for the rambled post , I guess I feel undermined and isolated.
For example I was asked by a particular member of the team in a meeting to put together a document, (which I agreed to 3 times during the meeting) and I started and completed it directly after the meeting to find that the person that had requested it had done it herself. I have been asked to comment/feedback on another document and when I mentioned it needed to have xyz was told not to be critical. I was then tasked with redoing the document, for which one of the managers took the credit, after telling me not to be critical..? There are quite a few instances along these lines mainly with the same person, so I am really struggling to see what my job is and overthinking everything I am asked to do input to, which has made me really anxious. I am sure that this is partly me but just not sure of anything.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in