Talk

Advanced search

Rotas shared

(2 Posts)
EBM20 Sat 25-Jul-20 12:24:12

I start a new job on Monday at a big company dealing with the public, at a childs theme park about 40 minutes away from where I live, so out of the area. I have always worked for small companies so never seen it as a issue or a problem. The rota is shared with all the 150 employees in the department stating everyone's full name and days they are working and start times, it is shared on a secure online website that you have to log into and also displayed in the staff room.

Due to a past abusive relationship my ex has a restraining order on me with the agreement that he is not allowed in my road and is not allowed to approach me, contact me or indirectly contact me through other people. My understanding from what I was told by the police is that it is his responsibility to remove himself from any situation where he could get in contact with me, e.g. if in a public place and he and I were there at the same time it is his responsibility to leave.

My new place of work are not aware of this as I don't want to make a fuss and didn't see it nesasay to tell them. But now I'm concerned that the rota is shared with so many people someone may know him and tell him that I work there and he will show up. It's a public place and there's no court order stopping him from showing up.

The main reason of moving jobs was for my safety and for him to not know where I work. The job is only seasonal and finishes before the restraining order finishes next year in February. Its a gap job for me before I take time out of work to have a baby in November. I was thinking of asking to return the following season but due to this I don't know if I want to but it is a flexible job that would be great to work around childcare for baby.

Do I explain the situation to my employer and ask for my name not to be on the rota and my hours given personally to me? Or do I just trust the 150 other people on that rota that they dont know my ex or will not tell him that I work there.

OP’s posts: |
RunningFromInsanity Sat 25-Jul-20 13:02:35

it is his responsibility to remove himself from any situation where he could get in contact with me, e.g. if in a public place and he and I were there at the same time it is his responsibility to leave.

It's a public place and there's no court order stopping him from showing up. Surely the above restraining order means he would have to leave?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in