Anyone know anything about web chat facilities and want to help me with a work thing please?

(11 Posts)
Newnamenewgame123 Thu 18-Jun-20 14:45:29

Just that. Have been asked to do something on introducing a web chat and just wondered if anyone was an expert and had any tips and ideas I can steal. Thanking you in advance flowers

OP’s posts: |
Espoleta Thu 18-Jun-20 14:51:18

Could you clarify what is needed? Is it an ai chat box to integrate with a website?

Newnamenewgame123 Thu 18-Jun-20 15:03:12

No not AI, live chat for customer enquiries

Espoleta Thu 18-Jun-20 15:05:38

Ok that makes things much easier.
Does it need to integrate with your website? If so, what cms is it on? Are you looking for a platform recommendations or general thoughts etc?

Newnamenewgame123 Thu 18-Jun-20 15:25:40

General thoughts really. We’ve got the tech and planning to start a trial later in the year. I’m in a new role (non-tech, this is about making it happen with staff, how it will ‘work’ in terms on staff and customers, it’s not about the tech) and it’s a bit out of my experience but want to give the impression I know what I’m talking about!

I’ve been asked to put together a rough plan for kicking off a trail of the chat facility, mainly as a starter for ten to kick off a discussion among the senior team about what we need to factor in. Was hoping somebody might have pointers to make sure I’ve thought of it all.

Newnamenewgame123 Thu 18-Jun-20 19:47:49

Anyone? Shameless bump for the evening crowd. TIA.

Asmoto Thu 18-Jun-20 20:01:30

I have a bit of experience in this (hopefully you might get someone more expert along soon).

The first thing I'd do is look at what your most common enquiries are likely to be. Will it be your existing customer service staff operating the chat, or new recruits? You'll need to put together training on the technical side of the system you're using in either case.

You'll need to put together some scripts appropriate to your business that can be pasted in for standard 'conversation breaks' ('I'm just looking into that for you' etc) and it also helps to have them for very common queries (e.g. terms of a service).

Look at your feedback mechanism - how you'll measure success/gather feedback during the trial and an example of what good looks like.

Also look at how and where it is going to be trialled - starting off with somewhere 'easy' if that makes sense. Ultimately you will probably want to build your staff up to multi-chatting so you might want to rough in your longer-term training plan.

Asmoto Thu 18-Jun-20 20:04:52

Also don't forget you'll need to determine your customer verification method and get it signed off from a compliance perspective if your staff are answering queries from existing accounts!

Asmoto Thu 18-Jun-20 20:08:28

And also (it was a couple of years ago I was involved in this and things keep coming back to me) look at what your competency measures will be for staff and what their expected service levels will be once signed off as competent.

Newnamenewgame123 Thu 18-Jun-20 20:28:44

This is amazingly helpful thank you so much. Some of this I'd got but there's some extra stuff here too - thank you! And also, this is really helpful in terms of me nailing the language!

If any other insights pop into your head I'd be really grateful. Thank you!

Newnamenewgame123 Sat 20-Jun-20 14:31:09

Still open to ideas if anyone is about..!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in