Talk

Advanced search

Withdrawing from a job offer

(4 Posts)
usernameistaken1 Mon 18-May-20 19:29:49

Hello

I was wondering if anyone knows the rules regarding withdrawing from a job offer.

I recently accepted a job offer via email (so in written form) but am unfortunately unable to go ahead with it.
No contract has been signed yet.

Is it too late to withdraw?

Anjelika Mon 18-May-20 19:39:36

No it's not. I accepted a job offer over the phone and was sent a contract but then I went back on it as I got offered a job I thought was better (turned out I was wrong!). I don't think it's that uncommon tbh.

C152H Mon 18-May-20 19:49:20

No, it's not too late. Simply call the company contact (e..g did your offer letter give the name of someone in HR you can contact?) and advise that, unfortunately, you 're no longer able to accept the role. (No need to give a reason if you don't want to, although they may ask.) Then follow up the call with an email to confirm what you said in the call, thank them for the opportunity and their time and wish them all the best for the future.

BuffaloCauliflower Mon 18-May-20 19:50:44

No you can withdraw, and it’s fine if it’s no longer right. But as an HR person it’s really helpful for our data to have a reason when someone does this so please do give a reason if you can smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »