NHS- Leaving one trust and joining another during Mat leave?

(3 Posts)
badfurday Tue 12-May-20 09:13:06

I am currently on mat leave from work (NHS) and have seen a great job at another Trust. I'm due to go back to work end of September. I'm tempted to apply for the new job and tell them my situation. I think generally things don't move quick in NHS recruitment so they might be able to let me start when my mat leave is over? All ifs and buts.

Does anyone know what happens to my mat pay if I decide to go to another trust? Do I need to wait until a month I'm due to go back to hand my notice in?

OP’s posts: |
Mo81 Tue 12-May-20 14:12:28

Imon nhs mat leave aswell and as far as i know you only have to go back to the nhs not a particular job you coupd ring payrool and ask.x

jadealisha Mon 29-Jun-20 03:03:06

Hi,

I'm going through the same thing atm. I was due to return to my Trust mid September. Apply for all the jobs that take your interest! I've been on mat leave since September of last year and was offered 2 different positions in January! One with in my Trust. one within a Neighbouring Trust. If your Trust and your 'new' Trust both use ESR recruitment is relatively quick as most of your employment can just be transferred using ESR. When it comes to waiting for you to start when your mat leave comes to an end, sadly that is up to them, technically they can't discriminate against you for being on mat leave however if they find a candidate that was maybe just a little less compatible for them, they could choose to recruit them if they can start ASAP. I was lucky with my offers as they were both willing to wait. Don't be discouraged, the positions I applied for are few and fair between so if I hadn't applied when I did, I doubt they would come up again.

Your mat leave will be fine as you would be transferring to another Trust and resigning would be at least a month as per your contract. I adore my manager at present so I let her know informally in January and sent my resignation letter in March.

I hope that helps lol

X

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in