Talk

Advanced search

Redundancy

(5 Posts)
bluemarie87 Tue 28-Apr-20 17:30:21

Looking for advice.
Been in my job for 14 years and currently on maternity leave. I left December 6th and was due back this December. I have today been told I am being made redundant. Honestly I'm quite glad as I didn't particularly enjoy my job anymore and I'm getting a payout but obviously in this climate I'm worried I won't get another job so easily.

Does anybody have any experience of what happens with my smp and will I be entitled to any benefits or anything? I'm totally clueless.

OP’s posts: |
Gibbus Tue 28-Apr-20 17:37:30

Hi, I was made redundant whilst on maternity leave last year. Is it just yourself that's being made redundant or are more of your team in the same situation. As you have rights to return to a job from maternity leave. I was given all of my Smp together with my redundancy pay out, I was also given the option of keeping them as monthly payments until my leave finished.

I would also look into using all of your 'keeping in touch' days before your redundancy starts.

bluemarie87 Tue 28-Apr-20 17:56:43

Due to this corona virus situation they are making 16 people redundant out of 35. My role has 3 people and I'm the only one being made redundant. One has more experience and one is the directors son (say no more).

Never thought about kit days! Thanks for that x

OP’s posts: |
HasaDigaEebowai Tue 28-Apr-20 18:10:39

kit days are not compulsry. They are not going to give you kit days if you're leaving. That would be pointless

Your smp will be paid even once you're redundant. You'll also be paid in lieu of your accrued but un taken leave up to the date of termination.

Gibbus Tue 28-Apr-20 19:14:24

Mine let me worry my kit days so it was hardly pointless. An extra 10 days money in my pocket was much needed, it's worth asking OP.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in