Retrain....to do what?

(3 Posts)
user1471523870 Tue 14-Apr-20 10:04:32

First world problem and my question is so broad I know!
I have a very good job for a large multinational enterprise, well paid, close to home, 9-5, manageable stress levels. I worked hard to get here but now, in my 40s with a little one in full time childcare (I am an older mum) I would like to change my life.
Ideally I would like to follow a passion, but I am open to any business idea really. I would like to be able to manage my own schedule, be in charge of setting up and growing my own business, get 'out there' rather than work from a desk in a huge building every day with the same routine and schedule. You get the idea.
I appreciate the risk and that it wouldn't be all as great as I picture it, and also that I am now in a VERY lucky situation. However, maybe this could be my mid term plan, my pre-early retirement dream, something I could initially start part-time evenings and weekends or maybe I could start with the training only for now and develop it over the years...
Sooooo...what do I doooo? I want something that brings money in of course.
Any ideas to suggest, even crazy?

OP’s posts: |
Isleepinahedgefund Tue 14-Apr-20 15:25:26

What are your passions?

scattercushion17 Tue 14-Apr-20 16:10:11

Try reading 'what colour is your parachute?'. It will help you decipher your passions.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in