Talk

Advanced search

A few questions about Bank NHS Administration

(5 Posts)
GreenShades Fri 20-Mar-20 17:11:14

Hi,

A post has come up recently in my area for bank admin in the NHS.

I have a few questions about the role:

1. what are the shifts like? Can it be a single shift to covering a period of weeks/months?

2. Do you receive any admin training?

3. For anyone that does this type of work can you give me a brief description of what you do, do you like it and has it led to a permanent post?

4. Also, the admin work you undertake is it very basic like filing or are you given more responsibilities?

thank you

fearney Fri 20-Mar-20 17:43:35

I don't work in admin but I work in the NHS and work closely with our admin staff.
Honestly there is no real answer to your questions. Every single role in every single department is completely different. Contact the agency to find out the details.
You will get some on the job training relevant to the post. They won't train you to do admin if you've never done it before though. They need staff that have experience and are competent. And it's more likely to be an on going job for a few weeks/months. They won't employ bank admin to cover one shift.

GreenShades Fri 20-Mar-20 18:36:25

Hi Fearney,

Thank you for replying. I do have a qualification in business administration but that was from many years ago. I have been doing healthcare roles and only had one admin job doing data input and general office duties.

LotKell Fri 20-Mar-20 18:46:59

I work in admin for the NHS. We usually use Bank staff to do the more time consuming mundane jobs that we don't have time to do.
We don't have any paper files as everything is uploaded to the patients files so no filing as such but this is very time consuming.
Any new people to Bank in my area gets training on our in-house computer system.
However I would say that every NHS department is different.

GreenShades Mon 23-Mar-20 07:49:23

@LotKell that's good to know that some training is given, I feel with bank from what I've read elsewhere that you're just thrown in the deep end.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »