Talk

Advanced search

Worried about trial shift outcome

(8 Posts)
Isla363 Fri 31-Jan-20 15:29:29

Hi all I've just joined.. I've searched the net for advice before and you lot seem to be so supportive I joined smile
Anyway I applied for a job last week (no experience needed) as a veterinary care assistant.
The interview was brief...and I came away rather deflated, however I got a call to do a trial shift and loved it!!
I done a little digging in the interview and was told there are 3 positions available and that 6 were being interviewed.
He hinted that all had previous experiences with animals as do I.. but I've never worked in a vets nor am I qualified to. Maybe the others are I dont know..
The trial was amazing I didnt want to go home..
The head vet nurse said there was another girl who trialed the day before but wouldnt elaborate on how well she had done.
The vet herself the head vet nurse and receptionist were all asking me questions and were extremely friendly and helpful.. I made sure I pulled my weight by asking if anything needed doing and done it when asked..
I think I used my initiative too a few times and was thanked for it.
They allowed me to watch in surgery and I watched mesmerised!!
I personally feel the day went well, but I'm so nervous that I wont get the job because the others may have fitted better.(experience or qualifications)
I also sent head office an email thanking them for the trial and said I would love to work with the team and I could be a great asset ect.
I really really want this job AND need it!!!
Do you think I would have been trialled if I had no chance?
I know the other girl was young as another vet nurse assistant told me..do u think my 12 years dog grooming and me being 41 will outweigh a qualified young person?
Upon leaving she said she would be in touch but it's up to the guy who interviewed me to decide based on her choice..
I'm so sick in my tummy because the waiting is killing me.. how long should I have to wait to be contacted?
ANY advice is greatly received
Thank you xx

OP’s posts: |
Happityhap Sat 01-Feb-20 11:31:39

No advice, sorry, but I really hope you get the job!
You sound like you'd be great at it.

PerpendicularVincent Sat 01-Feb-20 11:36:29

It sounds like you did all you could, and worked hard. If you don't get it, it won't be because you are unable to do the job, it'll just be because someone else was a better fit.

Good luck, I really hope you get it! flowers

AllTheUserNamesAreTaken Sat 01-Feb-20 11:59:13

I really hope you get it, your enthusiasm shines through on this post so I’m sure it did at the trial too

Fingers crossed

Isla363 Sun 02-Feb-20 14:32:06

Thank you all... I still haven't heard so its probably bad news. But I'm trying to stay optimistic.
Its hard tho xx

StrongTea Sun 02-Feb-20 15:06:23

Good luck. You sound ideal.

Isla363 Wed 05-Feb-20 12:14:45

Hi all.. thank you so much for your support..
Today I called head office where I had my first telephone interview, I've still not heard anything back so I'm guessing the job has gone to someone eles..
I'm devastated to be honest.. not only do I need a job...this would have been my dream... so the lady is going to ask that he contacts me asap even just to let me down.
I'm TRYING my best to stay positive but it's been a week tomorrow since the trial and to me it screams bad news..
I will let you know either way but if u could all please cross everything for me I'd be so grateful, I'm clinging onto a tiny bit of hope! X

FairyBatman Wed 05-Feb-20 12:18:00

Try not to worry because you haven’t heard back. They may have a few days until everyone could do their trial shift, it could be a few days until the vet and nurses have time to discuss how everyone did and make a decision. The HR person could be off sick.

The important thing is that you know you loved it so can you find some voluntary work, a course etc to add to your CV incase you don’t get this job?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in