Talk

Advanced search

childhood ME and joining the army

(3 Posts)
tich31 Tue 14-Jan-20 00:20:29

Hi,
My child had childhood ME between 8 and 11 yrs old and is fully recovered. It is also a known fact that this generally has zero impact into adulthood.

Child lives with his dad and step mum who never believed in ME even though we were seeing one of the top consultants in the country.

They encouraged child to join the army and child failed. All I hear is that it is because of the ME and its all my fault (I made it up apparently?!). But would they seriously turn someone down purely due to that when they've long been given the all clear?? Surely other reasons involved?

Thanks

RidgedPerfection Tue 14-Jan-20 15:05:48

When I was serving any history of "CFS and associated disorders" was a condition that precluded entry as far as I can recall. You could always check the criteria used at present to see if it has changed and there is the right to appeal the decision also.

AliciaS93 Sun 19-Jan-20 21:16:33

Hi there,

Did your child go to selection? Did the assessors give any feed back?

I think you can apply up to 3 times.

They could always look at becoming a clerk in the Army. I joined the Artillery and always wished I'd become a clerk instead, very cushdy job in the Army.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »